Smokey vegan jackfruit pulled pork on a toasted German roll brushed with olive oil and slathered in chipotle veganaise, with creamy broccoli slaw with apples and raisins. Because I can.
Anonymous asked: How can you be both discordian and vegan? Discordians are required to eat beef and pork hot dogs on friday according to the five commandments.
KNOW YE THIS OH MAN OF FAITH!
V - A Discordian is Prohibited of Believing what he reads.
Remember, the enlightened take things lightly.
People always tell me, “wow, being vegan must take so much willpower”.
Nope. Not at all. Once you realize your pleasure and convenience isn’t worth the suffering of others, sticking to it is the easiest thing to do in the world.
sushidynasty asked: Hi Darlin, I was thinking about going vegan but at the moment I am just collecting info. Would you mind giving me some pro's and con's about the lifestyle from your point of view? It would be much appreciated :)
- Less animals die.
- Due to less demand for animal-based agriculture, there’s less damage to the environment.
- Reduced risk of heart disease.
- Reduced risk of heart attacks.
- Reduced risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Reduced risk of strokes.
- Reduced risk of metabolic acidosis, and subsequently less risk osteoporosis.
- Improved digestive transit.
- More energy (just from my own experience).
- Veganism may halt the growth of some tumours.
- No dietary cholesterol.
- Reduced risk of hypertension a.k.a. high blood pressure, which can lead to other health problems.
- Reduced risk of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Some people report clearer skin.
- Some people say their hair is shinier.
- There are still thousands of foods you can enjoy, and there are vegan versions of pretty much every non-vegan food.
- You can still get plenty of protein.
- You can still get plenty of calcium.
- There are some really cool vegans who will probably be there to support you. Tumblr has a great vegan community.
- You’ll realise that a lot of people are complete dicks to vegans, regardless of how polite you try to be.